Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Interview

Dear Mom,

This is the lousy place in the world. Our cloths they gave us are to big for some of us. I got my shots today and they really do hurt me. The sargents crabby. Just because a boy forgot something when we were moving the man kicked him and made him run all the way over to the other camp & get it. We go to bed at 9:00 and get up at 5:00. Mom tell them the truth about my age & get me out of here. I am getting so lonley I think I will die. We had to get all of our hair cut off but about a half inch. Hurry as soon a possible if you can. Try to get me out by Sunday at least. We had to polish & wash windows last night at 9:00 o’clock. I have enclosed the bill. Sorry I did not write sooner. Mom if you only knew how I feel you would not wait to get me out. Send me some cloths when you come get me out. Write me some because I have put some stamps in for air mail. You have to walk on you tiptoes so it will not make to much noise. The Sarg. made that up. Tell evrybody I said hello. How’s Sandy.

Your son,
Bill

[sic]



1. What inspired you to join the army?

2. Were you afraid to join?

3. If you could have brought one thing with you from home what would it be?

4. If you leave now do you think you will change at all?

5. If you're so lonely, why don't you try to make friends?

No comments: