Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Self-Reflection

1. I think my journal/blog is nothing exquisite, but it’s not bad either. The flow of the journal itself could be better, and the writing could be in better perspective.

2. This project was intriguing, but it was a lot of work with little payoff. In terms of understanding WWI, Paul Baumer, and the story itself, it did payoff greatly, but not so much in general English knowledge.

3. My work shows that my vocabulary has become more sophisticated and ordinary, overused words are being rooted out.

4. I learned that I am capable of doing a lot of good work if I try harder, but I need to actually push myself to accomplish this.

5. War is a brutal concept in reality, though it does seem lighter to those not involved. I did learn that friendship should be praised highly, and that is has immeasurable importance.

No comments: